Saturday 28 June 2008

Handsome Triangle Finished

I have finished the Handsome Triangle Shawl from Victorian Lace Today.
I added the border from page 20 of the book, which is one of the suggested borders.
I have really enjoyed creating this shawl. The pattern was interesting without being complicated, so within a few repeats I no longer needed to refer to the charts. The direction in which it was constructed meant I could stop when it got to the length I wanted.
I used an unbranded cashmere 4 ply yarn, which is really soft and really warm.

I started the shawl in March 2008. It is the second project I have done from the book.
I have not made the shawl too long, as I am usually seated in a wheelchair when I am out and wanted the shawl to keep my shoulders warm without getting in the way of the wheels.

My husband took the photographs of the shawl for me, and my German Shepherd, Sheba, decided she wanted to be in the pictures too.
This final picture shows the shawl held in place by one of my shawl pins, which my husband made for me.

1 comment:

Cinders said...

Hi Amanda, looked you up on Ravellry. I love your lace shawl. I havnt plucked up the courage to knit anything from VLT yet!
I love your husbands wood turning. those pins are fabulous. Has he thought of trying to sell them on Etsy?