Wednesday 18 June 2008

Shawl Pins

My husband loves wood turning and is always looking for ideas for small projects to try. In the past he has made me a lovely selection of crochet hooks.


This time he wanted to try something a bit different. I had commented on how some of my lace shawls tend to fall off when I am out, so he decided to design and make some shawl pins for me.
The wood he's used is American Black Walnut for the dark ones, English Oak for the two colour ones and the pale one is made from pine.


As you can see, they are all slightly different. This is because he has made each one by hand, as a result it is not possible to create exact replicas.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

The shawl pins and crochet hooks are really nice!

c-mama said...

I love the shawl pins. BEAUTIFUL!

BTW, I found you from Ravelry on the la mer scarf. :) Great projects.