Wednesday 7 May 2008

Second Sock Syndrome


I started my socks with every intention of completing the pair. Despite that fact that I have a tendency to get bored half way through the second sock every time I knit socks.

I thought it would be different this time. I had some fabulous alpaca hummingbird and an interesting pattern.

I finished the first sock quickly, tried it on, it fits beautifully and feels wonderfully soft, but then there's the second sock.

I dutifully cast on and started on the leg, then got distracted by my shawl. Finally worked as far as the heel, but got distracted again. Have now turned the heel, only the foot to do, but seem to lack the willpower to ignore the distractions and temptations of other projects.

The poor second sock will have to sit quietly and wait. I remember it occasionally and work a few rows, but I think it may be quite a while till I finally finish it.

I would have thought I'd know better when it comes to socks but I always think it will be different this time.

No comments: