Wednesday 7 May 2008

How big can a portable project get?

How big can a project become before it can no longer be classed as "portable"?

I always like to have a project to hand for when I'm traveling or sitting in waiting rooms, so generally classify my wips as portable or non-portable.

My current favourite portable project is a shawl - Handsome Triangle from Victorian Lace today. I am working it in an unbranded cashmere, which is approximately fingering weight. I am using circular bamboo needles.

I enjoy working on this pattern as it has a logical design which didn't take long to memorise, so I don't need to carry the book around with me.

My problem is that as work progresses the shawl gets larger. I can currently fold it into quite a small zipped bag but I don't think it will fit in there much longer. I am dreading the day when it finally becomes too large to be classed as portable and I have to leave it at home.

No comments: